The fees below include:
- Taking your instructions as to the licensing objectives
- Advising you as to the documentation that you require to support your application (you are to then provide the documentation)
- Preparing the application for a new premises licence
- Filing copies of your application with the relevant authorities and liaising with them
- Preparing the relevant advertisements
- Arranging for you to display the relevant notice(s)
- Advise you as to your application generally and propose amendments
- Send to you the licence once approved
We charge the following fees for dealing with the above and obtaining the license based on the category that your application will fall into:
|Our Charges (Plus VAT)
|New Premises Licence
|£750 – £1000 (provided that it is a small scale and is not complex) plus disbursements
|New Premises Licence – complex
|£1000 – £1600 (for large scale application, i.e. nightclubs) plus disbursements
|Variation of Existing Licence
|£750 – £1000 (subject to type of variation, which will be discussed with you at the outset) plus disbursements
In the event that an objection is raised to the application for a Premises Licence which results in a hearing being required, such hearing and associated work will be charged by Palmers on a time spent basis and additional fees will be payable. We will discuss such costs with you at the relevant time and before proceeding further and may be able to offer a fixed fee once the duration of the hearing has been confirmed.
The above fees do not deal with obtaining a Personal Licence for the Designated Premises Supervisor.
Should there be alternative work required beyond that of a new premises licence or minor variation, we can discuss alternative pricing strategies.
Subject to change as they are dependent on the local councils and advertising fees, there may be further disbursements required which we can discuss with you.
Application fee for Premises Licence: £100 – £1905 (dependant on the rateable value of the premises)
Advertisement fees: subject to geographical location
Application for minor variation: £89
We typically estimate that a new application will be submitted 2 weeks from receiving your full instructions and documentation. Any delay in providing the requisite information will impact upon timescales.
From advertisement of the application there is a statutory period of 28 days for objections to be raised.
In the event that objections are raised the authority has 20 working days to list a hearing.
We recommend allowing between 2 – 5 months for a new alcohol licence.